Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bluetooth questions for laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

I'd like to know how to put necessary software on my laptop for Bluetooth capability's. Using hp pavilion entertainment pc. Running windows vista sp2. Thank You to whom ever is able to assist. :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

Does it even have bluetooth capability?  If so I would go to hp and search for your model and download the driver for it.  Unless you bought a card for that, in that case I would go to the manufacturer and download the driver from them. 

pa9d6f-4.png

#3 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

i do not know if it has the capibility. i do not know exactly how to find that. I have searched help and support. It just goes on to tell me how to find other bluetooth enabled devices.

Find Bluetooth enabled devices near you

If you have Bluetooth wireless technology installed on your computer and you want to find devices near you, open Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel. Here's how:

• Click the Start button  , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices. Nearby devices are listed on the Devices tab.

however i do not see anything at all bluetooth related in the control panel anywhere, not even under hardware and sound.

#4 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

Than it sounds like chances are you do not have any hardware that has that capability.  

pa9d6f-4.png

#5 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

right so what i need to know is how to go about making this possible

#6 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

You can buy a bluetooth dongle from most online electronic stores.  

Here is a search from amazon 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abluetooth+dongle&keywords=bluetooth+dongle&ie=UTF8&qid=1452608638

As you can see they vary in price.  They are pretty cheap.

Edited by TheJokerz, 12 January 2016 - 09:25 AM.

pa9d6f-4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users