Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Screen replacement power issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zougathefist

zougathefist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

The LCD screen on my laptop began to develop- a series of horizontal lines and over the course of two weeks it went from 3 or 4 lines to a total blurred white out making the screen completely unviewable.
I bought a replacement screen assembly and installed it and it appeared to work just fine. However once the remaining battery charge depleted, the laptop would not turn on and did not seem to charge. I tried the unplug, battery reset, hold power button combo but could not get the computer to power up.

I reinstalled the non-functioning screen and now the computer will power up - but I cannot see anything on the screen.

I wondered if it was something to do with the comp not recognising that the replacement screen was open. Has anybody got any advice or similar experience of this.

I'm cracking up a bit here as I thought it was solved but now it's not

Thanks

Samsung Series 9 NP900X3C-A07UK

Win 7

Intel Core i5-3317U

4Gb RAM

64-bit OS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hexixi

hexixi

• Members
  • 1 posts