Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot update Graphics Adapter from Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 4youte

4youte

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

Hi. I have been having a problem for months now where I can install all Windows 7 updates, except for Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel® HD Graphics. The update came out in June, and I have yet to be able to install it as I keep getting an error each time I've tried. My LCD screen keeps shutting off at random times. I usually have to unplug it, plug it back in, and move my mouse a bit before it will turn back on. When I restart my computer, it will be a blank black screen, and I have to repeat the process. I'm thinking it is linked to this update that I need to install. At least I'm hoping that's the case. Any help would be appreciated, and happy new year guys!

Computer specs are:

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium Service Pack 1

Dell Inspiron  620

Intel® Core™ i5-2320-CPU @ 3.00 GHz

6.00 GB Ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

For graphics driver you should always use the drivers from manufacturer or Intel. They have better driver than the one that Windows provides. Here is the link to Intel download page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 4youte

4youte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Do I have to uninstall anything beforehand, or do I just need to install this and that's it?

#4 4youte

4youte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Hi I'm waiting for a reply.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

1  Download the updated drivers

2  Go into 'Device manager' 'Start - Control panel - System - Device manager in top left corner'.

3  Expand the entry 'Display adapters' until you can see your Intel graphics, then double click on it.

4  Select 'Drivers' in the gray box that appears.

5  Click/double click 'Update drivers'

6  Wait for it to finish, shouldn't take long, re-boot. Job done.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 4youte

4youte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for responding so quickly. Ok before I do this, do I install these updated drivers first?

#7 4youte

4youte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

I believe once this question is answered I will hopefully not need any further assistance with this particular issue. I just need to know if I should install the downloaded updated drivers before I proceed to step 2. 

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

You can either uninstall drivers, then reinstall them...or you can use the update mechanism provided by Chris.

I prefer to uninstall them, then reinstall...I guess that I don't trust the Windows update mechanism to remove a damaged driver properly.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users