Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unbootable Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eskimoboy113

eskimoboy113

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the forum and I came here because I saw that you helped out someone that had a similar problem. It's really cool that you all are here to help out the computer illiterate like myself. So thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me. I am very glad that you all are here.

Here's the issue:

I tried to start my computer the other day and it wouldn't boot. The windows icon would just start to come up it would flash blue screen for a bit and then reload to the windows error recovery screen. I tried the windows startup repair and it said it could not repair my computer automatically. My laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) leads a rough life and so originally I thought it might be a hardware issue but after doing some research I think it might be some malware or something like that. I know that there was some sort of insidious thing on my computer before because I was periodically having to go into my LAN settings and unclick use proxy settings, otherwise it would just go to whatever website it felt like, but I never thought it would blow up like this.

When I run the Windows Startup Repair and it says it is unable to automatically fix my computer these are the problem details that I get:  

Problem event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21199373

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 7 (or sometimes 9)

Problem Signaure 07: NoRootCause

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks again. 

Colin 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 13 January 2016 - 05:04 PM.
Moved from Virus, etc. logs to Win 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

You will see I have moved your topic to the Win 7 section of BC as the first thing to do is to get this computer working at all !  You may find this MS knowledge article of some help, but follow the warning in part 3 of the response with care. Basically, if it comes down to having to do edits in the registry and you have any doubt about your competence there, don't do it. Come back here and seek more advice.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-cannot-repair-this-computer-automatically/6445c138-8b8d-4d38-9224-828c97f18326?auth=1

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users