Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade repair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vive

vive

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

-$SysReset

-$Windows.~BT

-WINDOWS

Those are the only files on the hard drive.  I am not able to revert back to windows 7 or repair this install.  Is there anything I can do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

G'day vive, and Welcome to BC

Some of the history leading up to the point you are at now would be helpful.

Please click on Follow This Topic and then follow the prompt....this will send an email each time there is a reply.

Edited by Condobloke, 11 January 2016 - 08:05 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 vive

vive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

The desktop (CQ2024) was upgraded to windows 10 a couple of months ago but not used until recently.

Now is will not boot saying there is no media.

Used Linux disk to check files and only see those. Even the windows 7 recovery partition is empty

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

The ability to revert back to your previous OS (Win 7) is only good for 30 days....unless of course ytou have genuine original win 7 installation media .....and assuming that you would wish to go back to 7....

If indeed you wish to stay on Win 10...I am a little unsure (and I am quite sure someone else will chime in here and correct me if I am wrong..)....but if you were to go to HERE  and download to make a DVD or usb copy....and boot using that.

On THIS PAGE  ,  details are given how to approach this, given that the PC will not boot.

Without a bootable OS, you'll likely need either the recovery or installation media to boot from. If your system recognises that there is a boot problem, it may automatically show the advanced boot menu automatically after 2 failed boot attempts. As an aside, if you are within Windows 10 you can Shift+Click on the restart option to bring you to the same menu......

.............and continues........

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users