Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Britechguy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

If I am in anyway responsible for Brian leaveing the forum. I did not mean to single him out so much. He was a good tech and a great help in this forum. Saved my bacon a few times.

I may not have agreed with some of his views and I sometimes took the devils advocate role.  There has to be 2 views to have a discussion, I just often had an opposeing view with some of the views he had.

I appologise to the community.  If I am getting out of hand please say so and I will tone it down a notch or 2.

Thank you

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Brian was last seen online today, what makes you think that he left the forums?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

I haven't left the forum, but I also haven't been particularly active over the last several days.   Things have picked up with my work for the Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired and I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff related to the JAWS screen reader and my tutoring clients.

dannyboy950, while I really, truly do appreciate your sentiments, no one has ever "run me off" a forum that I wasn't ready to leave.  If anything, I think that bleepingcomputer can be a bit too buttoned down as far as shutting down threads.  I don't value flame wars in any way, but people can and do get snarky, frustrated, and can disagree pointedly.  If one is not prepared for that on occasion one should not even set cyber-foot into an online forum.

I've been abused far, far more online in the past than I ever have been here.  I've got a very thick skin.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

All of his bio data is missing from his profile.  I went to send him a pm on just this subject of not meaning to single him out.

Thank goodness your still here. You are a lot more valueable to this forum than I could ever hope to be.

Edited by dannyboy950, 11 January 2016 - 06:18 PM.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Bleepingcomputer can be a bit too buttoned down as far as shutting down threads . . . people can and do get snarky, frustrated, and can disagree pointedly

No objection to the last three words in this, so long as it is done reasonably politely !

Obviously I cannot speak for the other Mods, but unless a topic has got really out of hand or wandered so far off into the scenery that it cannot be seen I normally give a warning as to future conduct before closing anything. Most of the time there is no problem, even when the discussion gets a bit heated, but every once in a while . . .

It has to be remembered that we have a lot of members who know very little about how their computers actually work and are in a near state of panic when something goes pear shaped.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

..... members who know very little about how their computers actually work and are in a near state of panic........

30lkjzq.png

Edited by Condobloke, 12 January 2016 - 07:38 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#7 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

. . . people can and do get snarky, frustrated, and can disagree pointedly

Personally, I don't get snarky anymore... or any less.   biggrin.png  tongue.gif

sofa.gif

.... members who know very little about how their computers actually work and are in a near state of panic........

funnyanimationpanic3kt-1.gifpanicgif2.gif

Most of the time there is no problem, even when the discussion gets a bit heated, but every once in a while . . .

Simple solution works for me...

If = argue.gif

Then =

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: [Username Redacted]

Edited by Union_Thug, 13 January 2016 - 03:46 AM.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,535 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:54 AM

Brian, I for one am missing all of your posts and the interaction that we use to have. I hope that you can rejoin the fun again in earnest. My best regards to you.

Rocky Bennett

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users