Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory_Management Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alurous

Alurous

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hello! I recently got my computer "fixed" cause my previous 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM stopped working and PC would not turn on at all.

So at a shop, I got it replaced by two modules of 8GB, poccessing now 16GB of RAM. However, even though they are both DDR3 and the same brand ADDON, one is smaller in height than the other. Why do I mention this? I have been having a LOT of crashes with a BSOD saying "Memory_Management" to which I proceeded to take 1 ram out and do my daily stuff with such, see which ram is the bad one. However, The computer works perfectly well with each one of them alone, which led me to believe the issue is they are not compatible together. 

My question is, can I somehow fix that on my own, or do I have to return them and get 2 modules exactly the same to the dot?

Whocrashed Reports:

On Sat 1/9/2016 6:32:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010916-14383-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x73C40)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8003383640, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/9/2016 12:17:35 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010816-25927-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x22D5B6, 0x3, 0x22DE35)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/9/2016 12:12:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010816-23041-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80033D5090, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Fri 1/8/2016 11:13:06 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010816-36051-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF700210D83C8, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002E9E1D4, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 1/8/2016 6:36:35 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010816-25724-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800344D060, 0xFFFF, 0x0)

On Fri 1/8/2016 6:16:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010716-44148-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x217146, 0x2, 0x213F45)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Fri 1/8/2016 5:53:52 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010716-19172-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900C5B23A50, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002FB69CC, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 1/8/2016 5:47:31 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010716-18766-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800346FD10, 0xFFFF, 0x0)

After I decided to leave just 1 module, I stopped getting them, however few seconds before typing this I got:

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 1/11/2016 3:39:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011016-18330-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xCE98)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA80073404E0, 0xFFFFF88002C88E98, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Mon 1/11/2016 3:39:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF88002C88E98)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA80073404E0, 0xFFFFF88002C88E98, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alurous

Alurous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

Specs:  

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz 40 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
G226HQL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (MSI) 36 °C
Storage
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA) 35 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

FYI - ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the Windows operating system.  It is protected by security features and the Windows System File Checker.  As such, if this file was to blame, you'd be experiencing many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.
In most cases this file is blamed because another file (typically a 3rd party driver) has corrupted the memory space that ntoskrnl.exe considers as it's own.  When this happens, ntoskrnl.exe typically finds unknown data (from the 3rd party driver) in it's memory space.  At this point the OS panics and throws a BSOD to prevent damage to the system.

While waiting for a reply, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Alurous

Alurous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

FYI - ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the Windows operating system.  It is protected by security features and the Windows System File Checker.  As such, if this file was to blame, you'd be experiencing many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.
In most cases this file is blamed because another file (typically a 3rd party driver) has corrupted the memory space that ntoskrnl.exe considers as it's own.  When this happens, ntoskrnl.exe typically finds unknown data (from the 3rd party driver) in it's memory space.  At this point the OS panics and throws a BSOD to prevent damage to the system.

While waiting for a reply, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Uploaded the inspector, and I read the DVerifier, it could damage the system? I am currently in 4 hours going to the store where I purchased the RAMS, so they can test and replace it.  Something I noticed when I removed both,  one is AddOn and the other is Kingston,  AddOn is 1600MHz and Kingston is 1333MHz  could this be the issue?

Attached Files

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

It's always better to run RAM in matched sets, and it's even better to make sure that it's on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for your system/motherboard.

But in many cases it's OK to mix and match (at work we just put the RAM in and then test it to see if it works OK).

The only sure way to tell is to try other RAM and see if it fixes the problem.

BTW - we've also seen issues at work with normal voltage RAM being used in low-voltage RAM systems

Only 228 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Out of 4 memory dumps there were 3 different BSOD  (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes.  The differing error codes are sometimes symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).

Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Start with the memory diagnostics as most of the errors seem related to RAM.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

AiCharger.sys               Thu Mar 22 04:07:51 2012 (4F6ADDD7)
Asus Charger Driver   [br]   Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)}http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

A lot of the searches for the unknown drivers point to malware.  This is not unusual, but I tend to wonder about these drivers myself.

I'd suggest trying a couple of these free scans:

Try these free scans (from this link: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA15-286A ):

F-Secure
           https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/online-scanner (link is external)

McAfee
           http://www.mcafee.com/uk/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx (link is external)

Microsoft
           http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx (link is external)

Sophos
           https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx (link is external)

Trend Micro
           http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ (link is external)

The above are examples only and do not constitute an exhaustive list. The U.S. Government does not endorse or support any particular product or vendor.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

**************************Fri Jan  8 13:36:35.838 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\010816-25724-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.19045.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:41.681
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33854 )
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa800344d060, ffff, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
    contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
    On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
    PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa800344d060
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME:  WerFault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+33854
CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3000
CurrentSpeed: 3000
  BIOS Version                  1404
  BIOS Release Date             09/10/2013
  Manufacturer                  System manufacturer
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  Product Name                  System Product Name
  Baseboard Product             P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Fri Jan  8 01:16:30.710 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\010716-44148-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:22:15.569
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )
BugCheck 4E, {99, 217146, 2, 213f45}
BugCheck Info: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 0000000000217146, page frame number
Arg3: 0000000000000002, current page state
Arg4: 0000000000213f45, 0
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_99
PROCESS_NAME:  explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+4c
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Fri Jan  8 00:53:52.768 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\010716-19172-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:54.001
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff900c5b23a50, 0, fffff80002fb69cc, 2}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff900c5b23a50, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80002fb69cc, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
    address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  conhost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x50_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100
**************************Fri Jan  8 00:47:31.509 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\010716-18766-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:40.743
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33854 )
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa800346fd10, ffff, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
    contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
    On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
    PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa800346fd10
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME:  WerFault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+33854

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.

**************************Fri Jan  8 13:36:35.838 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
intelppm.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
amdxata.sys                 Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
lvrs64.sys                  Wed Jan 18 01:40:36 2012 (4F166964)
lvuvc64.sys                 Wed Jan 18 01:41:08 2012 (4F166984)
AiCharger.sys               Thu Mar 22 04:07:51 2012 (4F6ADDD7)
HECIx64.sys                 Mon Jul  2 18:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
HWiNFO64A.SYS               Sun Nov 23 11:24:07 2014 (54720A27)
rzendpt.sys                 Tue Aug 11 07:13:46 2015 (55C9D8EA)
rzudd.sys                   Tue Aug 11 07:13:50 2015 (55C9D8EE)
rzmpos.sys                  Tue Aug 11 07:14:16 2015 (55C9D908)
AtihdW76.sys                Wed Aug 12 11:46:58 2015 (55CB6A72)
rzpnk.sys                   Wed Sep 16 20:16:35 2015 (55FA0663)
rzpmgrk.sys                 Thu Sep 17 14:42:44 2015 (55FB09A4)
Rt64win7.sys                Thu Oct  1 06:24:08 2015 (560D09C8)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Oct 13 07:24:57 2015 (561CEA09)
ussjcsken64.sys             Wed Nov  4 05:10:43 2015 (5639D9A3)
sjcsu64.sys                 Wed Nov  4 05:11:05 2015 (5639D9B9)
atikmpag.sys                Tue Nov 17 21:53:38 2015 (564BE832)
atikmdag.sys                Wed Nov 18 00:43:17 2015 (564C0FF5)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvrs64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvuvc64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HWiNFO64A.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rzendpt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rzudd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rzmpos.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW76.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rzpnk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rzpmgrk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
ussjcsken64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
sjcsu64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users