Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Almost everything stops working.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zacoru2

Zacoru2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

I recently picked up a Lenovo ideapad 500 and I'm quite happy with it's performance. The problem is that I'll be working and music that I am listening to will just stop, I can now no long access anything on the taskbar. I cannot start any applications from the taskbar, I cannot play sound, and I cannot use cortana, search, network, see notificiations, etc. until I restart my computer. I mean, I can always restart my computer, but within 15 minutes it happens again. 

Now another problem I have is that my Dedicated graphics card has huge issues. It's drive continually crashes even thought it is up to date for Windows 10(It's an AMD Radeon R7 M360), and my computer continually defaults to using the integrated chip(Intel HD 520). 

Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

Hello there, 

Can you fire up task manager on the machine (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and see if some task is completely taking over the processor? 

#3 Zacoru2

Zacoru2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

No, nothing is taking any more than 2% for a total of about 6-7% being used regularily while idle. 

#4 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Try safe mode and see if it stays on.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#5 Zacoru2

Zacoru2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:53 PM

So far safe mode does not fix the problem. I'm thinking of returning the computer to be honest, it's poorly built, keys sometime don't respond, graphics drivers STILL don't work, and it's generally not ready to be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users