Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error code

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pops1

pops1

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Can anyone suggest remedy for error code OFOO.1332.

Edited by pops1, 10 January 2016 - 06:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

Is your computer a Dell ?  Remember that when posting it always helps to give the make and model of your computer.

Googling this code it seems to appear most frequently on Dells and it indicates a failing hard drive. I believe that Dell have a hard drive diagnostic test available in their support pages. I suggest you download and run this tool and see what it says. If you can't find the Dell tool then you can download 'Speccy' from BC, a free download which you can get here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/

Download and run it and have a look at the information it gives on your hard drive, particularly the 'Smart' data. Even better, post the URL to your very own individual Speccy report and paste it into your next post. Only post the URL. These two images show you how to get the URL -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hynwyb0wva2uk4f/Speccy%201.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo1fw10rvh6wv90/Speccy%202.jpg?dl=0

In any case it is time to do a complete backup of your own data to external storage of some sort. If the HD test suggests your drive is failing the only cure is a new drive. This will mean a complete re-install of your OS and applications on the new drive, and if you don't have your data backed up it will be gone.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19390997

Appears to be hard drive failure.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=131104.0

Louis

#4 pops1

pops1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris.  Yes, it is a Dell 560, Windows 7 and I had been having problems with Thunderbird on both of our home network PC's.  I was in the process of resetting it and it froze.  I did run the Dell diagnostics and that was where the error code came from.  I can turn it off and restart it and it acts normal till it gets to the blue screen and then nothing.  That's was when I run the diagnostics and got the said code.  Any help will be appreciated.  I am using the other PC on the network to write this also. It is fine so far.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Sounds like my earlier 'educated' guess was on the money !

It is definitely time to back up all your data on this computer to external storage - memory stick, DVDs, external hard drive depending on the quantity - and think hard about replacing the hard drive. And then you will have to do a full install on the new one.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

Please download and run SeatTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for the different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

6.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users