Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure what this issue is - maybe malware etc.??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

I was working with John C on fixing an issue I had/have with VSS - we got it going again and then a few hours later I got the same popup saying Carbonite had to shut down.....right now that has failed again.  So Carbonite cannot do its backing up.

The computer is slow.  I will click on something and it might take a minute to open up,  sometimes if will freeze and I eventually try to manually reboot..  I have received a couple of blue screens over the past couple of weeks but when I boot up things seem ok again so something is going on.

I have a custom built Desktop running XP Professional SP3.  I have done a scan on the 2 hard drives and all is OK with those.  I plan to get a new laptop to replace this somewhat soon - when I have the time but would like to get this back up to snuff, if possible. 

Can anyone help me check to see what is wrong?  TIA  Judy

Edited by judyjht, 10 January 2016 - 02:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?  Thanks a lot.

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

Moderator - you can close this request I am on the virus, trojan group and someone is helping me now.  Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users