Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not boot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PearlySoames

PearlySoames

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hello,

I have a laptop which has odd startup behaviour and which reflects the behaviour of another laptop, my sisters laptop that I was fixing.  I stupidly copied files from my sisters laptop to my laptop but scanned her disk before hand, but think now I've copied across what I think is a boot sector virus or something worse. I did a search of the web to try and determine what it is, but don't really know how to go about fixing it.

The beheviour of my laptop is when I press the start key, the button and power light come on, the fan comes on at a low speed, the dvd is checked, and then it repeats this behaviour with the lights going off, then after about 30 times on/off, it finally comes on, with the fan constantly on. But no screeen, no boot. The lights go fully off, then comes back on.

Right up to last night it was running fine. The DVD doesn't work on it. It's an Acer 5755G with windows 10, the other one is an Acer with windows 8.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PearlySoames

PearlySoames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users