Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, all

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ETraub

ETraub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

I'm new to your site and forums. Found bleepingcomputer.com because of a "bleeping" persistent Malwarebytes outbound virus that Geek Squad couldn't repair. Hope you guys can. (It appears you've already done it for others.)

I'm a somewhat computer-literate (founded a software company, which I sold in 2003), 85-year-old who spends at least 12 hrs a day in front of my home-built and am grateful in advance for the services you so graciously provide the community.

Ellis Traub

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...If you need individual assistance with a malware infection, you should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

Best regards.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 ETraub

ETraub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I was about to post my problem where you suggest and consulted the Help Topic: Posting & the Post Editor to find out how to attach pdf files of the error messages I'm receiving. Could not find the buttons referred to in that venue. I'll continue to look. 

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

Attachments are only allowed in certain forums if you click the More Reply Options button in the bottom right corner of the Board Editor. Attachments are not permitted in the AII forum.

You can save and upload logs or image to one of many image hosting sites such as Data File Host, obtain a link and then post the sharing link.

Also see How do I post a screen shot?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users