Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible hacking?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pkuo

pkuo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:06 AM

When I was updating the exchange server, I found some weird name that was logged on the server. It says NYA, but no full name. There's no suck person named NYA in the office. I disabled the account and found some other weird 3 worded accounts. The accounts are not domain admins, but the exchange server's terminal server manager says there's NYA that was logged on to the server but disconnected. 

My guess is that the server is hacked, but how can I find if they put a back door software on the server?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

Sounds suspicious to me mate, i had to fix a users laptop that kept creating random anmes and that turned out to bea  self replication trojan that kept creating new user accounts every time the lappy started so i suspect there was somethign written in the bootloader to create new user accounts every time the laptop started and after i deleted the accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users