Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Shuts Down When Launched

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 renton_lawrence

renton_lawrence

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hello,
When launching IE the window will load for a second or two, then immedietly die and shut down. I disabled the "Enable third-party browser extensions" option from the internet options menu, and that fixed the problem and stopped the browser from crashing. However, the real problem is that it has been doing this to computers on my workplace network all day. It has happened to four computers today, and i have disabled the "enable-third party browser extensions" option on all of them... but i don't just want a band-aid solution. The fact that it seems to be happening all over the network is what worries me. I have ran ad-aware, spybot and bazooka as well as a full virus scan on one of the computers that had the problem and it came up with nothing out of the ordinary. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Has anyone heard of anything similar happening to anyone else? thanks!
-renton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

Moderator comment:

I am going to leave, at least for the moment, this duplicate post here in this forum. The other post about this same problem can be found in the Am I Infected forum, and in the interest of avoiding confusion and duplication of effort for both members who wish to help, and for the poster as well, I refer members to the other post:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60184/internet-explorer-problems/

This thread is therefore closed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users