Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Crashes during gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donitee

donitee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

Hi,

I've been getting very frequent crashes when I try to play games, mainly GTAV. I've had crashes before with other games, but with GTAV I can't play for 5 minutes without my PC crashing.

What happens is the screen will freeze, no reaction to any input whatsoever, my headphones will emit an annoying buzz often related in pitch to the sounds that were playing just before, after a few seconds of this I'll get a blue screen telling me the PC crashed and is restarting.

I don't know why this is happening, I hope you can help. I've speculated it's heat issues due to running a stock cpu cooler or maybe because I chose a cheaper model of the gtx970 which I heard performed worse on temperature benchmarks. But now that I've started playing GTAV it crashes literally 5 minutes into the games EVERYTIME and I doubt it's because of the heat (doesn't feel hot at all when it crashes).

So I decided to purposely play and crash my PC a few times to gather some crashdumps (previously I would not wait for it to finish and just restart), the last few were all from playing GTA and they occured 5-15 minutes into the game each time. I'm attaching the report files as instructed, as well as my system specs. Tell me if I did anything wrong. Thanks in advance.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/o7PB6jvz7G3FWj5W57BSze4

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Sounds like a graphics card that is going bad - how old is this graphics card?

http://www.geeks3d.com/20110224/furmark-1-9-0-gpu-stress-test-burner-opengl-benchmark/

you can use furmark to stress the graphics card just like playing GTA and your computer should crash too... then you might be in the market for an RMA or replacement

#3 donitee

donitee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

So I ran the the stress test for 10 minutes at 1080p and 8x antialiasing and nothing happened, temp no more than 50°C.

My graphics card is a 7 month old nvidia gtx970.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users