Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A topic I started got locked?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GREEN00

GREEN00

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

I don't care that this topic here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595081/is-this-issue-my-power-supply-or-no/

got locked. I was done with receiving information on it anyways(Done with the topic, basically, didn't need further help there). But I am

just concerned on why it may have gotten locked. 

Can anyone help me find out how this happened?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

It was probably because your last post you pretty much ended the topic and invited anyone interested to look in on another of your threads.

Maybe a mod locked if for you since you were done with the thread.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#3 GREEN00

GREEN00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

It was probably because your last post you pretty much ended the topic and invited anyone interested to look in on another of your threads.

Maybe a mod locked if for you since you were done with the thread.

I think you are correct. I thought that was why too, but I had to ask. Thank you for the reply.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Maybe best to simply pm a mod...

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

My guess would be that it was closed to avoid confusion, since your last post pointed to another topic and whoever that locked the topic wants the discussion to continue in the new topic instead of the old one.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

If you look at the first post in the closed topic you will see an edit by Hamluis saying that he closed it. If you want to know why he closed it send him a PM.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

If you look at the first post in the closed topic you will see an edit by Hamluis saying that he closed it. If you want to know why he closed it send him a PM.

Chris Cosgrove

EDIT (ToGREEN00): Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over IMHO, it's just Louis being...  Louis  busted_cop.gifworthy.gif

evil.gif

Edited by Union_Thug, 11 January 2016 - 03:50 AM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

Quote from last post by OP:

"By the way. I have another top opened up called "My windows xp overhaul" or something along those lines. We can stop the chat here if you want and you can meet me over there. I will be trying to get this computer going strong again. 

Here is a link to the topic:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601428/cleanupboost-overhaul/ In that topic I am talking about the same computer that we are talking about on here. So we can just let this post go for now and chat over there fellas. The reason I would rather chat about that computer over there is because I am trying to give "old betsy" an overhaul. She sit for 5 years. I am sure there are all kinds of things that "could be done" to get her back running again.

But in the meantimes goodness gracious now I got to recover my poor laptop which I am not looking forward too really. So much work :(.

Hope to here from tha fellas soon on the other topic though! :) Cya! Thanks for all of your help guys. God Bless You All!!!!!!!!"

I interpreted that as a statement that the issues reflected in closed topic...were now reflected in the topic quoted and that no further discussion in the closed topic would be fruitful...and might detract from the issues reflected in the linked topic.  We do not encourage members to have more than one open topic regarding a system...because such can lead to conflicting suggestions/opinions/advice/interest.  I, thus, closed the "completed" topic, same as I would do for any other situation where member has multiple topics on the same system where the real issues have yet to be determined.

No mystery here, IMO.

Louis

#9 GREEN00

GREEN00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

Quote from last post by OP:

"By the way. I have another top opened up called "My windows xp overhaul" or something along those lines. We can stop the chat here if you want and you can meet me over there. I will be trying to get this computer going strong again. 

Here is a link to the topic:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601428/cleanupboost-overhaul/ In that topic I am talking about the same computer that we are talking about on here. So we can just let this post go for now and chat over there fellas. The reason I would rather chat about that computer over there is because I am trying to give "old betsy" an overhaul. She sit for 5 years. I am sure there are all kinds of things that "could be done" to get her back running again.

But in the meantimes goodness gracious now I got to recover my poor laptop which I am not looking forward too really. So much work :(.

Hope to here from tha fellas soon on the other topic though! :) Cya! Thanks for all of your help guys. God Bless You All!!!!!!!!"

I interpreted that as a statement that the issues reflected in closed topic...were now reflected in the topic quoted and that no further discussion in the closed topic would be fruitful...and might detract from the issues reflected in the linked topic.  We do not encourage members to have more than one open topic regarding a system...because such can lead to conflicting suggestions/opinions/advice/interest.  I, thus, closed the "completed" topic, same as I would do for any other situation where member has multiple topics on the same system where the real issues have yet to be determined.

No mystery here, IMO.

Louis

Ohh yes, I completely understand Loius, Not a problem by me my friend. I figured that was why in the first place. But I had to ask, like I said before. You can re-close this topic if you would like?

Thanks,

GREEN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users