Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extended Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wolffie03

Wolffie03

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

So I accidentally installed that program while installing what I thought was Firefox while in a rush. Immediately knowing this wasn't I installed, I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of the program, including registry keys belonging to it. I ran rkill to make sure it wasn't hiding; used adwcleaner and it deleted scheduled tasks, etc. Then after reboot, I checked again with adwcleaner and apparently my system is clean. Over all, nothing was disabled or anything typical of Extended Update. Was I safe by removing it via Revo Uninstaller? It still shows up if I type it in the search for Revo Uninstaller, but it says that there's no leftovers or something along those lines.

First day of wiping my computer clean and I'm just here shaking my head. Ugh.

• Am currently running ESET online scanner and it has picked up, so far: 3 instances of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D and a Win32/InstallCore.AEO. Will update once it's done.
  • False alarm with that; turned out it was detecting ccleaner as that, apparently. I'll still double check but in the meantime, could anyone provide an opinion or actual instructions to see if Extended Update really is gone from my computer?
  • Update: It seems adwcleaner doesn't pick up whatever it is that ESET picks up. I'll try my Malwarebytes for now. Until then, hope there's a solution for the google toolbar thing. However, the install core has still been detected by Malwarebytes.

Edited by Wolffie03, 09 January 2016 - 10:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolffie03

Wolffie03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

Can someone close this thread? I plan to make another one or use this one since I'm still doing the ESET scan that's taking awhile; the InstallCore has been rid of with Malwarebytes and other programs I used. It's just Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D that I still have to get rid of. Oddly enough, Malwarebytes does not detect anything; neither does Kaspersky/Tdsskiller. Adwcleaner says my computer has no malicious files. It's just ESET that's going crazy on me. So not sure if it's a false positive or if it's related to that Mozilla Firefox I may have installed that came with the Extended Updater by HoolApp; as in I'd have to remove it via registry, etc.

Alright. So here's the log for ESET or at least what it picked up:

C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-2014652109-356892166-451447847-1007\$R9F3054.exe    Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application    
C:\Users\Monica\AppData\Local\Temp\_wnnczyz.exe.part    Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application    deleted
F:\ccsetup513.exe    Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application    deleted
F:\USB Back Up\1 FAT32\Raw Files\Zip compression file\FILE005.ZIP    a variant of Win32/HackTool.Patcher.CH potentially unsafe application    deleted

The Recycle Bin one is infected and I cannot get rid of it, somehow. Everything else has been quarantined. What should I do now? I don't want to pay someone $20 - $50 for a simple solution. :/

Edited by Wolffie03, 10 January 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#3 Wolffie03

Wolffie03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

I ended up getting rid of that recycle bin by removing what was, what I realized, a faulty Mozilla Firefox. After removing Firefox, I now have a new problem when I start up avast:

Computer%20Problems_zpslfhn1yhm.png

I can't uninstall it; it's not even detected in my addons. It's not even displaying anywhere in my control panel - as in any form of it. So I'm not sure where the bleep this is coming from. Is it just a false positive because everything else came out fine. Even the ESET didn't detect any threats at all. And that's considering I already went through every single freakin' resolution but the programs come back negative! I checked for plugins on mozilla, there's nothing related to iStart. I checked internet explorer, same thing. Plus, I haven't been redirected to any sites or started with a false site either. So idk if it's safe to say it's a false positive.

Edited by Wolffie03, 10 January 2016 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users