Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eset blocked attack attempt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CleanPc1

CleanPc1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

Sorry for my English. As i connect my usb-internet to my pc i get multiple notifications from Eset, (the picture is just an example) post-2173-0-00996400-1446573916.jpgthe attacks comes all from the same ip (192.168.42.129) This happened to me yesterday be hasn't happened since yesterday, no more same notifications. I searched from several ip-tracking sites, the ip information leads to Italy and some company located in USA (IANA). I don't know what this is? And why this is happening? Is this some hacker?

Edited by CleanPc1, 09 January 2016 - 03:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Did you click on "Learn more about this message" for additional information?

If your firewall or security software provides an alert which indicates it has blocked access to a port or detected an intrusion attempt that does not necessarily mean your system has been compromised. These alert messages are typically a response to unrequested traffic from remote computers (an external host) to access a port on your computer.

It is not unusual for firewalls, IP blocking software (i.e. PeerBlock) and some anti-virus programs to provide numerous alerts regarding probing and intrustion attempts to access your computer. Botnets and Zombie computers scour the net, randomly scanning a block of IP addresses, searching for vulnerable ports - commonly probed ports and make repeated attempts to access them. However, not all unrequested traffic is malevolent. Even your ISP will send out regular checks to see if your computer is still there, so you may need to investigate an attempted intrusion.

Alerts are often classified by the network port they arrive on, and they allow the firewall to notify you in various ways about possible penetration and intrusion attempts on your computer. Even if the port is open, the alert message indicates that your firewall has blocked the attempt to access it.Hackers use "port scanning", a popular reconnaissance technique, to search for vulnerable computers with open ports using IP addresses or a group of random IP address ranges so they can break in and install malicious programs. Your security software is doing its job by blocking this kind of traffic and alerting you about these intrusion attempts. For more information about Port Scanning, please refer to Port Scanning Basic Techniques.

If your computer is sending out large amounts of data, that can indicate that your system may have a Trojan. Usually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be other obvious indications (signs of infection) that something is wrong. Is your computer exhibiting such signs?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 CleanPc1

CleanPc1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

no i didnt'. i haven't noticed any suspicious activity lately and i ran a scan yesterday. i installed new copy of Windows 7 last month. It seems there's nothing wrong with my pc, occasional lag from heavy usage and internet stalls

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Then just monitor your system closely the next few days.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users