Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavliion G7 External DIsplay Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roger78554

Roger78554

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Good Day 

I have strange issue, First of all the internal screen is damaged , The laptop was working fine on the external display but the PC was giving issues with Windows , I recently reloaded it (Windows on top of Wndows) . Now I cannot get the external display to work without drivers, I took the PC apart to blow out the system, is there away to get the HP G7 to Boot from External Screen instead of internal while we wait for the part to come

Its an HP G7 

2nd Gen i5 
Mobility Radeon, (Not sure what Graphics Card model) 
8GB RAM

I Even opened up the laptop and unplugged the screen cable that goes to the motherboard to force it to boot to VGA/HDMI and it does nothing, I can hear windows start up but nothing on the screen , FN+F4 Does not work either

Please assist me .  I have attached pictures as well 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mac29

Mac29

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Roger I'm less experienced w/laptops but I have yet to see removing the cable = force video to external screen. Is there anything in your bios that would set that? From an online pdf I mean. I'd be interested as I have an i3 pavilion w/I'm considering replacing the screen (but would rather just use an external lcd). Hope your part comes soon.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

Try pressing the Fn and F2 keys.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users