Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tesco.net mails, iPhone, 2 stayon server until uploaded to Outlook on PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dvtrv

dvtrv

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

*** NEW TITLE ***

*Setting up Tesco.net emails on iPhone 5 & keeping on Tesco.net server until downloaded on to my Outlook 2013 on PC*

Well I had this working well for a few years but was forced to reinstall tesco.net mail address as had issues. Now i face one, or maybe 2, issue(s).
I have an iPhone 5 and use Outlook 2013 on my newish decent Dell Laptop. Phone, iTunes, laptop and all r kept up to date and well maintained.

I hope someone out there can assist me please.hm.png

So, Tesco.net email setup on phone, pop had to be used.

I can; Send, receive and all that, BUT, if i S&R'e away from my office (on iPhone) which happens to be my home.
After returning home to open outlook 2013 I'm now discovering that neither the sent nor received emails come to my PC on to my Outlook.

Anybody know what the issue could be?
I tried calling Tesco but was met with some kid who clearly couldn't listen nor grasp simple English.

I'm at a loss and could really do with some help here please.

Thank you,

dvtrv

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

In order to get received messages on Outlook on your PC, you will need to setup the Mail app on the iPhone to NOT delete messages from the server when downloading messages. This Apple document gives instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201855

Depending on how you want things to work, you might want to do something similar within Outlook on your computer.

I am not aware of a way to do something similar for SENT messages other than CCing or BCCing yourself on all messages sent from the iPhone.

#3 dvtrv

dvtrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

I think I MIGHT have resolved my issue by amending the "Move discarded messages into:" "Archive Mailbox" on my iPhone 5.

I will monitor this and confirm if resolved or not.

Thank you foe your response

#4 dvtrv

dvtrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

OK. What I need is for emails stay on the server after I use iPhone to access and send emails.

I use the program Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 to gather all emils when in office at end of day.

It is only then that I require emails taking off the server.

I now believe I need to setup Tesco.net email using IMAP setings.

Are you able to advise me on this by chance please?

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users