Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No incoming email since notification about a 'clutter' folder in Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

Hi there,
I really hope that someone can help me. At work I received an email 3 days ago from 'Microsoft Outlook' asking if certain emails were important to me. This is in relation to their frankly appalling new thing called a 'clutter' folder. I have had no incoming email since. I can send, but not receive/view. I didn't click on anything in that email, until today when I finally read it properly. Yes, I did stupidly click on the link and log into my Outlook 365 account (which I have never used because I didn't know anything about it. The IT person at work told me that we do have this and reminded me of my password etc. Like, thanks for letting me know...).
I use a Mac, with Windows for Mac, but don't use Outlook.
Basically, I am so very busy at work and obviously need to get my emails and do my job! Does anyone know what might be the problem - I'm thinking is this a virus or what? The IT person at work said they will look at it on Monday but I need to sort it before then.
Also, this 'clutter folder' is being slated big time on ms forums, mostly because it is a pile of pants and unwanted by everyone.
Really would appreciate any help! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

It sounds as if you are using Outlook for Mac and are connected to an Office 365 mailbox.

What version of Outlook are you using?

If you are using Office 365, log into mail.office365.com and check your inbox. Do you see any recent emails in the browser version of Office 365?

The "clutter" folder is where Office 365 routes mail that may not be junk, but is from senders you don't interact with often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users