Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need to Upgrade to Run Fallout 4?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KittyMcSparkles

KittyMcSparkles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hey All,

My Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.5ghz processor

Western Digital 640 GB 7200 rpm, 64 MB Hard Drive

AMD Radeon HD 6800 series Video Card

8 Gigs of Ram

Windows 7 64bit

While trying to play Fallout 4, on frequent occasion the game gets laggy, jumping and freezing for long durations. I've set the game graphics to Fastest and computer power options to Best Performance. Do I need to upgrade my hardware to make this run? Any recommendations for what to upgrade and what to upgrade to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

The video card might be your bottleneck for the game as far as I can tell; I've fallen out of the loop on AMD cards on their comparison.

A good source lists the minimum and recommended specs. I think they have a tool that scans your hardware and checks as well.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/fallout-4/12905/?p=r

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

You might need to upgrade your graphics card for better gaming expensive. Nvidia GTX 960 or 970 are good graphics card for playing high system requirements games.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

Video card is limiting, R9 380 is good choice for that CPU. However remember that Fallout 4 is using very old engine. And I mean very old, tweaked from year 1997 engine. So technically Fallout 4 is very poor game and anything over 60 FPS breaks physics.

And what PSU you have?

Edited by Drillingmachine, 09 January 2016 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users