Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps restarting after BIOS but before Windows starts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bootlooph

bootlooph

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

I am having a big problem with my PC right now. It keeps restarting 4-5 seconds after BIOS screen and before Windows boots. While Windows 7 was running, I inserted my earphone on the back of the PC and it restarted and went into a loop. I can boot into BIOS just fine and can also successfully boot into a live Linux USB without any problems. I can access my HDD files without any problems from it. I recently installed Windows 10 on a different partition. That's the only change I did recently.
Please help. I have a Gigabyte H61M DS2 DVI.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

Hello bootlooph and :welcome:

Have you tried to use the F8 key during bootup to choose the Windows Safe Mode?

Have you tried a repair using Windows 7 bootable media?

How recent is the last backup/image of the Windows 7 partition?

Thank you.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 bootlooph

bootlooph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

The F8 key does not work. I am going to try a repair using the windows bootable media. The recent image of windows 7 is fairly recent. I will try to restore it if repair fails.

#4 bootlooph

bootlooph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:23 AM

I repaired MBR using Windows 7 DVD and now it's working fine. While inserting the headphone, the power cable got loose due to which the PC turned off abruptly, corrupting the MBR.

#5 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:06 AM

Thank you for the good news update.

Cheers.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users