Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Printing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Amybird

Amybird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this?

I have a HP Laserjet 4m plus printer. It has started printing black lines onto the paper. I have been on HPs website and it looks like I need to clean it but I can't figure out exactly what to clean. i have opened it up and cleaned what I can see with a soft brush but it is still printing black lines onto the paper. The HP website says that to clean it refer to the user guide you got when you bought it but I don't have it anymore :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what is meant to be cleaned?

This printer has been very good to us, we found it in a skip and it has been going strong for over 4 years..! Ha ha ha :huh:

(Moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 27 July 2006 - 12:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

i found this info

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...jectID=bpl04071
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Amybird

Amybird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:59 AM

Thanks very much, I think I will get a new cartridge. If that doesn't help it needs cleaning. this document still says refer to use guide for cleaning instructions.

Amy

#4 Amybird

Amybird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

The new cartridge is in and you will all be pleased to hear that it has fixed it... ha ha ha, the printer from the skip lives on for another term... :thumbsup:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

Most excellent :thumbsup:

Long live the printer :huh:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

For next time:

There should be a control program for the printer that enables you to make settings changes, clean print head, align, etc.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

The HP website says that to clean it refer to the user guide you got when you bought it but I don't have it anymore :thumbsup:

I trust you have the help files for your printer installed on your computer? When I installed my printer the help files were installed right along with the drivers. I have a HP printer too - can't remember the type off the top of my head. Mine gives me directions for cleaning - there is a way of setting the printer and sending a single sheet of paper through. It goes through at a snail's pace, but I think that is the point, and it looks almost crinkled when done.

There should also be a trouble-shooting section in your help files that describes different kinds of bad printing output and what can cause them.

I don't think that you needed to change your cartridge since the problem was that it was producing black streaks. Faded areas, though, is another story.

Orange Blossom :huh:

p.s. It is very rare that a software company sends a printed user's manual. These are now most often electronic and installed with the software, which can be very frustrating if you need installation instructions, but they are on the computer disk that is not yet installed, and the computer is unplugged and pulled out in order to attach the new hardware. I was screaming before I finished getting my printer installed.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users