Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The dependency service or group failed to start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sam300

sam300

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

Sony Windows Vista SP1

Network icon in toolbar at the right bottom gone, can see in safe mode with red X.

Network and sharing center- The dependency service or group failed to start.

Network discovery- off

Network Location Awareness- Automatic, status- blank, giving me error to start- Error 1079 The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

Event Viewer

System-- Error 7000, 7001

Application-- Error CAP12 11,  SideBySide 33, Warning WMI 63, System Restore 8210 8193, VSS 34

Before I had number of errors, firewall was corrupted, in manage connections there was no icons for LAN and Wireless, already performed Windows repair from tweaking.com and firewall repair, SFC scannow and many more. antivirus scan done.

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sam300

sam300
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:15 AM

Network Discovery is "ON" now in Network and Sharing Center, after I  checked on network discovery box in firewall exceptions.

Rest of issues still exist, 

#3 sam300

sam300
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

I found this information on line for services setting, all setting are correct from the list below, except Tapisrv (telephony) is different on my pc, I have NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService. Also if someone can advise me on, Vista firewall exceptions setting, which needs to be checked.
Thank You

Next, click Start > Run > type Regedit

Navigate to the following key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services

Expand the Services folder

For each key locate the ObjectName value

each value should be as follows...

ALG - NT AUTHORITY\LocalService

NetMan - LocalSystem

NLA - LocalSystem

PlugPlay - LocalSystem 

RasMan - LocalSystem 

RpcSs - NT Authority\NetworkService

TapiSrv - LocalSystem

RasAuto - LocalSystem 

#4 sam300

sam300
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Problem solved: 

Network location awareness--log on change to Network service in safe mode and click start. network came back.

Thank You.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users