Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL Inspiron E1505 RAM installation queries

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 argonvegell

argonvegell

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

DELL INSPIRON E1505
Operating System: Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2
CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66GHz, Merom 65nm Technology
RAM: 1GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0KD882 (Microprocessor)
Graphics: Plug and Play Monitor (1280x800@60Hz), Intel Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family (Dell)
Storage: 110GB Western Digital WDC WD1200BEVS-75LAT0 (SATA)
Optical Drives: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D
Audio: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

I'm planning on installing Xubuntu 14.04, and I heard that with my current specs, Xubuntu 14.04 can still run pretty smoothly, but I still want to upgrade the RAM to increase performance.

E1505's maximum RAM is 2GB, and can only accept DDR2 RAM sticks, and after searching lots of computer stores, the only DDR2 for Laptops I found is a one 2GB DDR2 RAM stick, my question is, can E1505 handle one 2GB DDR2 RAM stick on one slot, while the other slot is empty?

If not, I guess I'll have to stick with my current specs then, unfortunately ordering online is not an option.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LaurentiuB

LaurentiuB

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hy, if you want to "extract" maximum from this device, I think that is ok to install aditional chip of 1G (at 266 MHz) (in this case memory are working in dual-chanel) and is more responsive that 1 memory at 2G, This is just an ideea at first-see.

Try to find a secondhand memory.

BUT FIRST SEE LAST UPDATE FOR BIOS for memory compatibility and stability

#3 LaurentiuB

LaurentiuB

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

also see documentation about your laptop on producer page http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/Common/inspiron-6400x_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Chapter about memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users