Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows NT on PS2 help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:40 AM

There's no NT forum here, plus I don't know if this even belong in support, it's more a project.

Been having trouble with it. Could the PS2 Linux Live kernel loader work? I tried it but I am not able to use the USB ports due to using PCSX2. I tried creating an ISO with uLaunchELF, Live Linux and the Windows NT 4.0 installation disk, but LL wouldn't find the CD drive. I tried swapping ISOs to just the NT disk but this wouldn't work either. It would be easier to put NT on a flash drive to load from kernel loader, but PCSX2 can't read from USB.

I doubt the Linux kernel loader will load the Windows installer. I don't know what I would have to do to mod this though.

I wanted to use PCSX2 to save modding a PS2 until I had proof of concept.

What bits I have:

1 PS2 slim with the mod to let you open the disc drive without the disc stopping from spinning. (No HDD but I believe there's a way to add one)

A USB Wyse Model M clone with a PS/2 port, so that I can plug the keyboard and mouse into 1 USB port (should work, seems universal enough, even works on Android)

PCSX2 1.2.1 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

PS2 Linux Live 3 ISO

uLaunchELF 4.38 ISO

Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP1

Anyone have any idea?

(As always, I know this is silly)

EDIT: What I though is, short of writing a kernel loader for NT 4 for the PS2 (which is what I expect is necessary) what if you were to write/modify a Linux based kernel that is itself a loader for WinNT? Unless of course writing a kernel loader is easy, then maybe I or someone else could actually do that.

What happens if you run the LL ELF directly from PCSX2? Can you access anything in the kernel loader? I might try that when I get a chance (I need to use my laptop for this as my main is Linux 64 which won't run PCSX2)

Edited by Karzahni, 07 January 2016 - 06:44 AM.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hydroque

Hydroque

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

You said you can boot Linux on your ps2?

#3 Karzahni

Karzahni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

You said you can boot Linux on your ps2?

This is possible to do, Sony even supported it.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users