Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in endless loop! USB won't boot from BIOS!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joeiiukz

joeiiukz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Hello, I have had this problem for several days and have exhausted myself trying to fix it. I've used all of the internet sources I could find but have been unable to fix it. The backstory is I was reinstalling windows 10 and I stupidly switched it off abruptly. I was given an error message on reboot and followed a guide to editing the registry to restart the download. The download did not restart however, and my windows 10 is stuck in an endless loop of rebooting. I have downloaded a copy of windows 10 and put it onto a USB, but when I try to boot from USB it takes me back to the BIOS. The BIOS are 'Aptio Setup Utility 2011', and don't seem to allow me to change from UEFI boot to LEGACY boot, although the option is apparently there. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for if this post is in any way flawed but I am in desperation of help. Could someone please tell me why the USB boot is not working correctly and how to make it do so, I am more than happy to reformat the computer but at this moment in time it's useless. The computer is an Alienware x51 from 2011. As previously mentioned the operating system the PC is trying to boot (or install) is windows 10.

Thanks, Joe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

Did you check the boot sequence?

#3 joeiiukz

joeiiukz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for responding. Yeah, I actually disabled everything other than my USB just to stop the boot from occuring. I think the problem is that my BIOS only want to read Fat32 USB, when Rufus and programs alike use NTFS. Do you have any idea why that is?

#4 joeiiukz

joeiiukz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Wow it just worked out of blue! Get in there son!

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

Oh and by the way. You don't have to go through bios to set boot sequence order. During boot process instead of pressing F2 to get to bios press F12. That will boot to a bios boot loader and you can choose whichever device the bios is currently detecting. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users