So I have a weird green artifact/crash that continually happens while gaming (on or after 2 hours). I had this twice before when the system was new (4+ yrs).
It looks exactly like this:
So exact same problem as that. Freeze/Artifact/Nvidia Driver Crash. It says driver crashed and recovered. Everything else works fine during this. Mumble, teamspeak, music etc. I have monitored temperatures and it can and will still happen at or under 70c. I have also tried a number of different nvidia drivers.
But here is the weird part that is confusing me. I had read about a lot of owners with this exact problem and fixing it by upping the core voltage. So I attempted the fix and raised my 1.013v to 1.025v and proceeded to play various games for most of the day and night (8hours probably) with no crashes. I did not save those settings however. Next day when I go to raise it up again it instantly gives me the exact same crash/artifacts with out having ever entered a game. I tried it a few times and it would happen 90% of the time.. The other 10% it would hold until I put the gpu under any load then crash.
So I'm confused and need advice. Is this most likely a GPU failure or could it be PSU or Motherboard? I'm looking to replace something and get things fixed but I don't know where to begin. Also I don't have any extra parts to swap in to check.
Is there a benchmark or failure type test I should try running? I assume it would probably not crash for the same amount of time as a game would.
The rest of the system is:
CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K 3.40 GHz
MEMORY: 8GB DDR3
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte G1.Sniper2 Intel Z68
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Gaming 80 Plus
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit
Watercooling on the CPU.
Thanks for any and all help.