Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel i3-4130 vs i5-4690k

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4437171409

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

What's ur opinion on these 2 processors and their perfomance in gaming ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

The i3-4130 is a processor for only basic tasks. If you are playing games on any decent setting, the i3 is going to disappoint. The i5-4690K is a more typical choice for gaming. If you are not going to overclock your processor, you are probably wasting your money getting an i5 with the "k" SKU. Unless you are getting some sort of bundle deal with that specific i5, go for a cheaper, non-k i5 if you do not want to overclock.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

I have to say the i5 is a good processor for gaming. I have a haswell processor Intel Core i5 4570.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

i5 is fine for games. Most games will not even make full use of an i7. i3 would leave you wanting with modern games. Even 3 year old games may not like the i3. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users