Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing In Xp Normal Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevin1984

kevin1984

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:02 AM

Hi, i run windows XP.

I turn on my computer and after about 30 secs to 1 min, my computer turns iteself of and i get a blue screen with writing on saying a device problem, but no indication as to which device,

The computer loads fine in Safe mode,

which device is malfuntioning do u think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

Please post exactly what the blue screen says with all the numbers.

#3 tkcraw

tkcraw

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

the main numbers that are needed would be the 0x... numbers. They would be a huge help.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

It could be a device or driver problem. Have you checked the Device Manager for conflicts?

3939.png

#5 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

Sounds like a device driver problem, since it doesn't give you much time to do anything before it crashes, I'd post the number it gives you and someone can help you out. Did this just start happening? If, so was it shortly after installing/upgrading/rolling back/ etc.. a device/drivers or any programs at all? Or did it just start doing it one day out of the blue without (or at least from what you remember) installing anything?

#6 tkcraw

tkcraw

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:13 AM

Another option could be a Hardware clean boot Here are the steps for that

Unplug all the external Devices.
Start the System in Safe mode.
Go to Device manger (start---rightclick my computer---manage) Device manager will be on the left click on that and it will bring up a list on the right

The devices that can be disabled are
1. Video Cards
2. Sound Card
3. Network Card
4. USB Devices and controller (Please donít do this if the customer user USB
keyboard or Mouse or Wireless Keyboard or mouse
5. CD and DVD
6. Modems
7. Ports (serial and parallel)

After doing this restart in normal mode and see if there is positive results. If so then try to enable the device
one by one and check out which device is causing the issue. Once found try the latest driver for the device

GoodLuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users