Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADSL Wireless Router Max Clients ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 keronkkumar

keronkkumar

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Need help on understanding some terminologies and it's property's.

I'm trying to set up several accounts/SSID ( not sure what that means ) on my router, and assign each, it's own pass word. I'm having trouble understanding some of the terminologies, and if changing it's assign value will make it better or worst.

Can some 1 plz explain to me what some of these things mean?

Clients Isolation:
what does it mean and what would it do if i enable( put a check in the box ) it ?

Disable WMM Advertise:
what is WMM Advertise ?

Max Clients:
it's default is 128
I'm guessing it means 128 devides can connect to it at 1 time?
if this if true, and i only have 8 devices i need connected. then would it be better if i lower it to 8 or maybe 10 for the most ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

My suggestion would be to leave these settings at the defaults.  You will also find you can google these.

Clients Isolation

http://www.wirelessisolation.com/

what is WMM Advertise ?

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/WMM.html

You are also better off limiting your dhcp scope so only the amount of ips for the amount of devices than limiting the device amount.

Edited by Wand3r3r, 07 January 2016 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users