Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Update Avg Free

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

When I attempt recently to update AVG Free I get the message - Update Unsucessful.
I have sucessfully done it before and can't figure out why this suddenly has happened.
Any suggestions please?

XP Home; IE 7 Beta 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

I have seen many problems with updating AVG from several different machines lately. My first guess is that the issue is not on your computer, but rather with Grisoft.

Also, I would recommend getting rid of IE7. It will cause all sorts of problems on your computer. At least that has been my experience.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

I have no problem updating AVG. I set it to automatic and it updates every morning.

What version do you have and are your updates scheduled to be automatic?

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

I would go to the site for the free download of AVG and download it, then uninstall the old one and re-install the new one and update it.

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

About IE 7 Beta 2 there is a new version of the beta and it is 3 I use it and it went thru an update thru windows update the other day I would suggest un-install beta 2 and go get beta 3 it works better.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users