Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New SSD drive and problem booting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jeannot18

jeannot18

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hi guys, has been a long time. I bought a SSD drive to install my Windows 7 on it. Everything worked ok, but when i boot it gives me an option to boot from 2 different place (both showing Windows 7). The first one works, the second one does not, which is normal as i have formatted my HHD after installing W7 on the SSD. So i thought about going into the BIOS and check the booting options. I am attaching 3 pictures of my booting screen to make the things easier

Initially, i left the HD inside the PC as it was, did not touch the connector. The motherboard has 4 Sata connection, HD on 1st, DVD on 2nd, and new SSD on 3rd. I thought it would be a good idea to change the order, thinking that it would make a difference, SSD on 1st, HD on 2nd, and DVD on 3rd. But I still get the same screen when booting.

Also what is really strange is that when you look at the boot device priority, the samsung (SSD) drive does seem to be here, but yet when you look at the Hard Disk Drives, the SSD is there.

I am puzzled by the all thing, it has been a while since i did something on my computer, but i don't remember being complicated. I thought that you usually select the booting sequence (ie which drive to kick in first), save and exit and that's it, obviously not. But I am probably doing something wrong

Thanks in advance for the help

J

UPDATE: A friend of mine found the solution, i reverted the cabling to the way it was, and then in MSCONFIG, under the Boot tab i removed the second instance of Windows 7

Attached Files

Edited by jeannot18, 07 January 2016 - 03:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users