Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web page doesn't work on one computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JudMc

JudMc

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

My main computer has Windows 10.  If I go to the page http://www.bridgewebs.com/cgi-bin/bwoi/bw.cgi?club=savannahclubs&pid=display_page5 it shows three upcoming bridge tournaments. If I click on the third one, it brings up the PDF flyer.  The other two open a new tab, but it stays blank.  This happens on Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  I thought my security software may be blocking it, but I turned it off and I had the same problem.  I tried two other comptuers, both Windows 10, and the DO NOT have the problem.

How can this problem be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

Are the other computers on the same network?

#3 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

Since it opens in a new tab, check for any pop-up blockers active. Try re-installing Adobe Reader (or if you have another preferred PDF reader). I would also try resetting Internet Explorer; even other browsers are sometimes affected by internal IE settings.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#4 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

Are the other computers on the same network?

Yes, they are, but the main computer can't see the others on the network.

#5 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Since it opens in a new tab, check for any pop-up blockers active. Try re-installing Adobe Reader (or if you have another preferred PDF reader). I would also try resetting Internet Explorer; even other browsers are sometimes affected by internal IE settings.

I think the only pop-up blocker would be in Kaspersky, and I tried disabling that.  Also, it works for one of the three items. 

I don't know how to reset IE, but I did purge the history, but that didn't make a difference.

I tried downloading Adobe Reader (the one I use) from Adobe, but it says that a newer version is already installed.

#6 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,527 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Oh, I missed you have Windows 10, which means you have Edge by default. I'm not sure on resetting Edge and whether it is as tied into the system as IE is.

You could try a full re-install of Adobe Reader. I would use an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller (make sure to choose the Freeware version, or you can use Google to get the portable version) to ensure everything is cleaned up right. You can also try the Adobe Cleaner Tool. Then, reboot to be safe, and install Adobe Reader again from Adobe's website.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#7 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

I don't use edge, I use Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  But I did use Adobe's cleaner, rebooted, downloaded it from Adobe and installed.  It said that an update was available so I installed it and rebooted, and the problem was gone!  Thanks eveyone.

#8 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,527 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

I don't use edge, I use Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  But I did use Adobe's cleaner, rebooted, downloaded it from Adobe and installed.  It said that an update was available so I installed it and rebooted, and the problem was gone!  Thanks eveyone.

Awesome! Glad it worked. Let us know if it goes wonky again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users