Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keep getting a BT dns error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MrMajeika

MrMajeika

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

I used my laptop at a different location over the weekend. I connected to a wifi network which was BT. I kept getting error messages saying I was using a DNS server out of their servers, i could not load any websites so i gave up. I am back on my home network now and when i try to load certain websites, i think maybe a couple of the same websites i tried to connect to with the BT wifi, I am getting the same error message. The message reads exactly like this

You are seeing this page because you are using a BT service which requires the use of BT DNS Servers and it appears that you are attempting to connect using a DNS server outside of our network.

Our BT Protect and BT Parental Controls services both require the use of our BT DNS to keep you safe online.

You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installed an application that uses an alternative service.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users