Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore a Backup made with Simply Safe Backup MYC file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 equinecpa

equinecpa

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

I have a backup I'd like to restore. I made it with Simply Safe Backup and no longer have that software. I'm wondering if there is another backup/restore software that can restore MCY files or how I might go about finding a copy of the software to do a restore? I don't know that if I find the software if it'll run on windows 8...I believe it ceased production circa 2005.

Thanks

Carolyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hi Carolyn,

Are you trying to do a full image restore or are you trying to restore a few files?

If you are trying to restore your complete computer image, I don't know what options you have. It looks like the last supported operating system for running Simply Safe Backup was Windows XP.

If you only need to restore a few files, you could create a Windows XP virtual machine and install Simply Safe Backup. Come to think of it, if it was really imperative that you restored the complete image you could do that with a Windows XP virtual machine too.

As for finding a copy of Simply Safe Backup, it looks like  you might be able to download the installer from the Way Back Machine.

I'm sorry I'm not particularly familiar with that program, so my suggestion may be seriously more involved than it could be.

Cheers,

packetanalyzer

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

oldapps and oldversion COMs might have it.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users