Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats Android your favorite music or video player?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

Hi I like to have a discussion about your favorite music or video player for Android, mines VLC and the thing I like about VLC is one its a 2 in1 app it plays both video and music plus it free and open source. Whats your favorite video/music player?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 idleHands

idleHands

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

Personally I've always used mx player because of its intuitive swipe controls for volume and scanning through vids. Much love for vlc on desktop although it does suck at trying to load lots of vids via the context menu in explorer. Random moan.

For music I just use the player built into es file explorer is fine. Just find what I want on the ol' home network and stream away. Extra note if it's n in 1 apps then es also does video and I think docs but I have never actually used that and may have made it up.

Peace out.

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

Personally I've always used mx player because of its intuitive swipe controls for volume and scanning through vids. Much love for vlc on desktop although it does suck at trying to load lots of vids via the context menu in explorer. Random moan.

For music I just use the player built into es file explorer is fine. Just find what I want on the ol' home network and stream away. Extra note if it's n in 1 apps then es also does video and I think docs but I have never actually used that and may have made it up.

Peace out.

I used to like MXPlayer its a pretty good app but once VLC for Android came out of beta I had to try it, And I like it way more than MXPlayer. Have you tried VLC for Android?

#4 idleHands

idleHands

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

Peace out.

I used to like MXPlayer its a pretty good app but once VLC for Android came out of beta I had to try it, And I like it way more than MXPlayer. Have you tried VLC for Android?

No I haven't actually, watching videos on my android devices is not something I tend to do now anyway. I just had an already formed opinion on android video apps because I used to travel a fair bit and relied on my phone.

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Peace out.

No I haven't actually, watching videos on my android devices is not something I tend to do now anyway. I just had an already formed opinion on android video apps because I used to travel a fair bit and relied on my phone.

I would recommend trying VLC for Android its interface is very intuitive and it compatible with almost every format and codec out there.

#6 craiggc

craiggc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

if you use any media servers / soundbridges / chromecasts or all of the above then bubbleupnp is a must plus they have a free upnpserver which can aggregate and proxy all of the aforementioned devices. highly recommended

#7 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

if you use any media servers / soundbridges / chromecasts or all of the above then bubbleupnp is a must plus they have a free upnpserver which can aggregate and proxy all of the aforementioned devices. highly recommended

Nice. :) VLC for Android also has a stream option but I don't how easy it is to use.

Edited by SuperSapien64, 10 February 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#8 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

VLC by far is the best media player for Android then again its the best media player on pretty much anything

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#9 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

VLC by far is the best media player for Android then again its the best media player on pretty much anything

:thumbup2:

#10 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

I am currently using the default Asus ZenFone music app, but I might try VLC with all the raving reviews... I assume VLC supports Ogg Vorbis and FLAC formats?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#11 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

I assume VLC supports Ogg Vorbis and FLAC formats?

Yep thats part of the reason I love VLC for Android. :)

#12 MrWWhite

MrWWhite

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

I just love Spotify Premium  :guitar:

Edited by MrWWhite, 18 February 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#13 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

Spotify? Meh. I use soundcloud for streaming.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#14 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

Spotify? Meh. I use soundcloud for streaming.

Ditto. :thumbup2:

#15 lukyff7ac

lukyff7ac

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

Bitsy Music Player for music, VLC for video. One key feature that can't be missing from a music player for me is folder viewing. Organizing music by album or artist is just self torture, like, when you have the same artist written in four different ways (between lower and upper case), and who remember album names anyway? Creating playlists are a decent choice, but when you have a new music, you have to add it to the playlist and... well, folders is just much better.

Edited by lukyff7ac, 13 January 2017 - 08:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users