Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fix Windows 7 Store Corruption

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LuAnne123

LuAnne123

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

Hello,
I need to fix a Windows Store Corruption error but since I am using Windows 7, I am unable to use commands such as DISM restorehealth. How can I fix this error? I have uploaded the picture of the command prompt results. 
I have posted the results of the DISM log here: http://www.2shared.com/file/t0VWIq8h/dism.html

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

The only thing I can recommend is to download and run the Windows 7 update readiness tool here.

#3 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Hi John!

Thank You so very much for your response. I am afraid to install that big download. Can you tell me how serious this problem is and where i can call to have someone help me with it? I appreciate your suggestion but i am afraid to download that big file. I can't afford to lose my computer right now. 

I have Dell Conceirge software installed and i think maybe i should uninstall it? I had so many issues with DC (not meaning to talk bad about Dell) that they ended up giving me a refund as they couldn't figure out how to help and things just kept getting worse. How can i get help for my computer without having to do a complete reinstall of windows 7 pro 64? This is a new desktop i just bought in late September of 2015. HELP! 

I really do appreciate your suggestion... sitting here with my 18 year old son and he's trying to scare me to death about my computer telling me it won't boot up pretty soon that this problem is serious. Could you tell me how serious the problem is? 

Thank You so much!

LuAnne 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

Besides the Store Problem what other issues are you experiencing? If it is the Store issue jump over to the Sysnative Forums. There should be someone who can help. Post in the Windows Update Section. Explain the issue with the Windows Store issue. If they solve the issue please post an update here. Thanks. 

#5 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

Hi Again and Thank You John!

I have the following problems that i know of:

Microsoft Visual C+Runtime Library Error Runtime Error!

Program:C\Program

Error message: R6016-not enough space for thread data 

Sometimes i get error 2122 sandbox violation but i haven't had that one for a while as i tried to fix it and might have been successful for an old lady:).

I get this one:

cnext.exe-no disk

there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk4\DR4.

Then, i have AMD and they have that new crimson and not sure if i installed it correctly as i was afraid to run a deinstall tool for the old amd. also, that amd program has raptr and i get an error message about RAPTR keeps coming up as an error message. 

I am going to do what you said and post in the sysnative forums. Thank YOU:)!!!!!!!

LuAnne

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

From what I have googled cnext is a Catalyst error issue.

AMD recommends you unistall any Graphics Driver before updating to new version, especially when going from  Catalyst to Crimson.

#7 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hi John,

Could that be causing the store problem? 

You are right about AMD. They emailed me the same advice but i am afraid to run the uninstaller and install the custom crimson all over again without raptr as i think i am not very tech oriented saavy. 

Thank YOU so much!

I am afraid i won't be able to see video if i make a mistake. Might sound odd but i'm an old lady. 

LuAnne 

I did post to the other site and i will let you know what they say. thank You!

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

It's possible the Graphics driver is causing your issue. I would mention that you installed Crimson over your old Catalyst driver. I have an AMD processor and uninstalled the old Catalyst driver and did not have a problem. What happens is Windows 7 will use it's generic driver until you reinstall the new AMD driver. But, don't do anything until your receive advise from a person at Sysnative. Good Luck.

#9 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

Thank YOU! You know, my 18 year old son is driving me crazy telling me i don't know anything and my computer is dying, etc. I have actually been keeping track of these error codes and keeping an eye on event viewer have kernel error and side by side errors. Maybe, and this is just someone not too saavy talking, the side by side errors are due to the AMD not being unistalled?? I will do as you have said (thank you again) and see what they say at Sysnative. 

Thank You so much.  :bounce:

#10 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

downloaded and ran the Windows 7 update readiness tool and it came back that it fixed the errors. My son ran scannow again and it said it wasn't able to fix all errors and that was all it said. i have a feeling we need to uninstall amd and install custom crimson. noone has responded on Sysnative. the Windows 7 update readiness tool seemed to get rid of the 2 pages of problems just coming back with a short note after the 2nd scannow - 1st was clear. 

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

sfc /scannow needs to be run from an administrator prompt. Type cmd in the search box, right click and select run as administrator. 

Run sfc /scannow again. After it completes, if with errors, type the following command at the administrator command prompt. You can also copy and paste the below command.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt 

This should put sfcdetails.txt on the desktop. Copy and paste the contents in your next post. 

#12 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Thank You John!

I am going to have my Son help me. 

#13 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

Everything turned out fine with no errors or it said everything repaired. Ran scannow twice as administrator. The only weird thing is it said one of my routers was not an internal part of the system - that ws the last sentence. My Son wanted me to ask you about that. Do you know why it would say that? It named one of the three routers (i am not even using that one) and said it wasn't a part of the internal system. I have also sent an email to AMD tech support and asked them to send me step by step instructions on how to uninstal the entire amd gaming evolved and crimson and start all over again with a custome installation of crimson without raptr. 

Thank You for your help:). Let  me know what you think. 

#14 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Another thing, i found a Dell Account in there when i was poking around. Looks like Dell Conceirge had an account set up. 

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Are you talking about the sfcscan log in regards to the Dell Account. That may be due to the fact that Dell adds some system files. I am not familiar with the Router message, sorry. 

Edit: I am going to PM a person on the Forum that may know what this router message is.

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 January 2016 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users