Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod/errors related to gpu drivers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chumanga

chumanga

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Hello, a little history about my problem, i was using a Nvidia GPU working with MS standard AHCI, then i changed to AMD GPU and after installation it keep giving warnings in Windows Event Log related to disk/eventID 153. So i decided to install intel ahci driver to test and installed their storage software, the windows event log reports about disk finished.

But then rare random blue screen freezes started to happen sometimes with images similar to this http://i.imgur.com/QsG7rqg.jpg and then finally a normal bsod happened which created a dump file.

I reinstalled Nvidia card/drivers and system worked without problems.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

So, are you still having problems?

I cannot open the SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip file

Please run this report collecting tool instead (so that we can provide a complete analysis):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 chumanga

chumanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

Sorry for the delay. I find out the problem and the Bsod's was caused by memory timings being incorrect i decreased manually them.

But now i'm facing new problem, last days after uninstall and reinstalling drivers and installing some Windows updates my system started glitching, causing random 100% disk usage which make system stop responding for some time. Then today it hanged and give a Bsod. The problem come after that with a Screen at boot with Windoload.efi 0xc0000f error. I tried a lot of tips to repairing it with USB stick installation but no sucess.

There something intringuing me is than when boot and i hold F8 then i can select which drive to boot, i choose my normal Windows 8.1 drive and it load and works fine. But if i dont hold F8 at booting time to select drive then it become with a blue screen with winload.efi error(0xc00000f). I think my only choose is to make a fresh install of system.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

The 0xc000000f error is a STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE error

This means that the system can't find the winload.efi file.

If Startup Repair or System Restore doesn't fix it, then you may have to do a fresh install.

You may also want to try running Startup Repair from a bootable repair drive/installation media (if you have one).

You can also try these commands from an elevated (Run as adminsitrator) Command Prompt (press Enter after each one):

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuild BCD

Edited by usasma, 13 January 2016 - 07:34 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 chumanga

chumanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:06 AM

I already tried startup repair and system restore from a bootable USB installation, but after the crash dont last any restore point there anymore. The bootrec only works in a repair restart? I tried these bootrec commands in the troubleshoot usb installation but says there is 0 windows installation.

But i what i dont understand is why i'm yet capable to load and use my system if it's corrupted.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Without being able to look at your system, the only thing I have to go on is the 0xc000000f error - which presumes that the winload.efi file is either missing or located in the wrong place.

Until this is fixed, I'd suggest that you boot your system by pressing F8 and selecting the drive to use.

The system seems to be OK, it's just the boot stuff that's messed up.

I am not a BCD or boot sequence expert.  I would suggest that you start a new post in the Windows 10 forum titled something like "BCD help needed" and describe how the system successfully boots.

You need help with reconstructing the boot stuff.

Another option is to try a Refresh of the operating system.

That might help the boot stuff without erasing your files.

If you can't find someone who's good at the BCD/boot stuff, then you may have to resort to a Reset of the system (which will wipe out all of your data)

But that's not essential at this point as you can still boot to Windows.

FWIW - here's a link on how to export and rebuild the BCD:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

Search the web for "boot rec /rebuildbcd found  Total identified Windows installations: 0" (without the quotes)

That may help to find help with this.

#7 chumanga

chumanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Hey, i was using together to my SSD windows 8.1 system 2 HDD's and to one of them i moved some folders of C: and pagefile to decrease SSD writes . So i tested disabling both HDD's and boom, Windows load was perfect without winload.efi error at beginning. At first load it made automatic chkdsk to C: then loaded to system, after i reconnected both HDD's again and loaded system without error anymore.

System is running fine for some hours already. I think that's solved.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

Great work!  Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users