Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CBS and DISM logs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerryandtabatha

jerryandtabatha

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

Can someone please look at the logs and tell me what I need to do?
 This pc was updated to win 10 then had problems and was reverted back to win 8. Since then it has been running slow, I have managed to speed it up some by doing malware scans.
I have been trying to reset this pc and I get a "could not find a recovery environmen." error.
And after i run the SFC it could not repair the errors, I then attempt the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and I get error 0x80240021 DISM Failed. No operation was performed.
When doing the Diskpart command I get alot of partitions...is this typical?

Partition 1 recovery
Partition 2 system
Partition 3 reserve
Partition 4 primary
Partition 5 recovery
Partition 6 primary

Dropbox link for CBS file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/65kpqzj8t...8VhfXTOoa?dl=0

Attached File  dism.log   86.43KB   3 downloads

Edited by jerryandtabatha, 05 January 2016 - 12:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

Just post it, we're not going to download an unknown file.

Bill

#3 jerryandtabatha

jerryandtabatha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

I guess I will use another forum. I only attached and used Dropbox because I was told to do so in other forums because of the file size. I wasn't trying to hurt you!

Besides i cant even paste the contents.. firefox crashes every time i try.,.....prob because of the file size.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Just post it, we're not going to download an unknown file.

Bill

It isn't possible to attach files that big on BleepingComputer (nor is it possible on any other forums for that matters), hence why it was uploaded and linked from Dropbox. It's entirely acceptable. Plus, the CBS.log can contain million of lines, so copy/pasting it on a forum is also not a solution.

I guess I will use another forum.

You can go on Sysnative in the Windows Update section and start a new thread there. A Windows Update Analyst will then assist you shortly :)

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/

Also, there's no traces of a DISM scan in your CBS.log, nor DISM.log so I cannot tell you why DISM is returning an error message from these two logs.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users