Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help understanding which path to choose.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yellowrunkz

yellowrunkz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

hello everyone,  I have a little experience with computers to where i would fix my friends and family pc and i get all of help from using google to trouble shoot the problems and get them corrected.. i find myself really starting to like fixing computers now i am thinking about going to take up classes to try get a job in computers.. I have been looking around and seem cant get to understand the different between A+ certification and IT fundamentals.. I live here in the bahamas and they are telling me that i need to start with the fundamentals before i can do A+ but thing is they are both priced the same for both courses.. Me personally find myself on the end where i enjoy opening computers up to fix them.. Can some show me the right path i should take to achieve this, I am also in a wheelchair any help or guidence would be apriciated.. sorry for my bad typing am basically new to all of this as to i have just really started the need of having to type alot and being on the computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

I personally don't know many companies that view having an IT Fundamentals certification as valuable. If you are going to spend time working on computers and you think you might want to do it professionally I recommend that you take the extra time and prepare to take the A+ exams (two exams are required to earn the certification).

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,999 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I concur with packetanalyzer on the A+ certification if you're going to seek one out.

Given what you mention regarding being in a wheelchair, if you anticipate trying to operate in "a regular office" type setting as opposed to trying to run a business from your home, you might want to consider consulting with an occupational therapist and/or a physical therapist regarding how to best manage dealing with the logistics of digging tower computers out from under desks and the like.  You will have to be far more careful about your ergonomics in the course of doing this kind of work than you may think.

Brian, who's also a speech-language pathologist and who worked for six years on a brain injury rehab team in a vocational rehab center

#4 yellowrunkz

yellowrunkz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

Yea i understand what you saying i was thinking of getting into opening a little pc repair shop at home than working in a office type scene where people bring their computers laptop to me to repair, so i can manage my own space to move freely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users