Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How often do slots open in the Malware Removal Training program?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hi, so I read the guidelines on how to apply for the program, but I'm not sure how long it is before a slot usually opens up. I know that they are made available as teachers become available, but I'm wondering if there is an average time I should expect to wait before applications open, or if I'm just going to have to check the signup page every day. Thanks in advance!
Scáth
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

The best answer to give you is something that Blade, a BC Site Administrator, said in another topic by someone wanting to know the same thing.

Since the program is self paced there's no set interval for accepting new students. Slots are filled on a first come, first served basis as they become available. My recommendation is to check the link at least once a day to see if a slot has opened up.

Since the program is self-paced there is no way to know when a trainee will graduate from training. The instructors decide if one is ready to graduate. When someone does, a slot *should* be open. 

#3 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

ScathEnfys,

Although you mentioned you read the guidelines on how to apply for the program, I will include the link in my response so others can find the information as well.

Official information on the Malware Removal Training Program can be accessed HERE.

I'm wondering if there is an average time I should expect to wait before applications open, or if I'm just going to have to check the signup page every day.

Yes you will need to check the signup page every day.

Due to the large numbers of requests for training, we utilize an automated program that will open a training slot to applicants when one becomes available. If the classes are full, please check back often to see if there is an opening.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,

packetanalyzer

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Also pay close attention to the section under Please Note: about the number of posts you must have before applying and what is expected with those posts.

Posts made in the General Topics section don't count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users