Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regards!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Almarma

Almarma

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hi everybody!

I've following BleepingComputer tips and news since some years ago, and now it's time to register! :)

I work fixing computers, both from hardware and software problems. I've a long experience with both things, but the virus problems (which I face from time to time) are getting more and more complex in my opinion.

I love when a customer comes with virus. Don't get me wrong, I don't like they get infected, but I like to fight viruses, the challenge, specially when they are difficult to eliminate, and it's because I need to think about alternative solutions to finally remove it ;).

But there's one kind of viruses I don't like at all: ransomware! Those who invented it are really bad people.

I've faced ransomware 3 times now: the first time, I think it was cryptolocker and fortunatelly was easy to recover the original files from the previous folder images. The second time it was impossible to decrypt, and last time, I'm fighting it right now! ;). I got a customer with TeslaCrypt v8 (vvv files). Although one admin here is telling it's impossible to decrypt it, I found a thread in BC where people are being able to decrypt it! http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-telsacrypt-version-adds-the-vvv-extension-to-encrypted-files/

So although I have not decrypted it yet, I want to say thank you to the community here! :)

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

Edited by Almarma, 05 January 2016 - 07:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hi Almarma :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...For Linux users.Regards.
NickA

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users