Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Running Anti-Malware, my download folder and Explorer/Edge screen flickers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tandyM

tandyM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

Hi, there. I am running Windows 10. I downloaded a virus as a bonus to my "free" software. It changed chrome's homepage to an "isearch" extention and changed the "internet explorer" button to open "file explorer." I got internet explorer back to open to itself, but I think something is still amiss.  After running Malwarebytes, Glary Utilities, RogueKiller, Hitman Pro, TDSSKiller, GMER (and not understanding anything about the results), uninstalling programs and deleting files paths & registry entries as directed by SpyHunter (before somewhat successfully deleting the app itself), I still feel like something is on my computer or that I created errors in mass deletions. My file explorer flickers when I click on the download folder. Also, applications pinned to my tab bar flicker and move around. My browser will self close on its own, without allowing me to cancel the operation prior (I got an ,"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error). One GMER random.exe threw up an windows blue screen restart error ("Attempted Write to Read Only Memory" error). I am exhausted trying to restore my system back to pre-"free" software download. I am extremely grateful for the assistance you can provide. Thank you.

Edited by tandyM, 05 January 2016 - 12:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

I think you have wrecked the OS by using the rogue SpyHunter, Glary Utilities and misusing programs such as RogueKiller and GMER. Suggest you

backup whatever data you want to save, format and reinstall the OS. If you need help in reinstalling Windows 10...start a topic in that forum.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tandyM

tandyM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Thank you for the confirmation. I arrived to this same conclusion this morning. If there was anything that could be done, at this point I would get better results and be virus free if I reinstalled. Thank you for your reply and additional support reference. Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users