Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CustoMac/Hackintosh Discussion Permitted?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:33 PM

Just seeing if it's OK to discuss the ability to install OSX on a non-apple branded computer - provided you have an apple-branded computer to download the OS installer that is. I've done this a few times but want to make sure I can talk about it before posting a tutorial on it here. If this is permitted, would anyone like a guide?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Building/creating/making a Hackintosh is a straight breach of the Apple EULAs, there is zero support and no warranties for such machines, and Apple have gone after one or two firms that were building them. However there is no record of them going after an individual who decided to make one. In any case it is a matter for civil law not criminal. Should Apple ever take objection - they would have to sue, they couldn't get the police knocking on your door.

So long as you do not advocate anything which is illegal then there is no objection to you continuing this discussion.

On a purely personal note building a Hackintosh is not something that would appeal to me, I personally don't see the point but that is just my opinion !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

Alright, thanks for the clarification. The only reason I ever made one was I thought at one point that I wanted to try my hand at iOS development... Which turned out to be more than I could handle. I now just suggest it as a perfectly viable alternative to anyone who is bent on buying a mac.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users