Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron One 2330 Desktop Black Screen After Changing Boot Option

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrrAntiGuaa

MrrAntiGuaa

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

My friends  Inspiron One 2330 Desktop has been experiencing problems with the display. 

I changed one of the boot options to boot to hard drive now the computer boots in a black screen

and nothing appears . It just stays in a black screen. The 2330 allows you to put hdmi in . So i connected my PS4 to the 

computer and switched into HDMI mode and the screen was working find.

​Now i was trying to remove the graphics card from the 2330 desktop , but it is soldered into the motherboard.  

I tried resetting the CMOS to reset the the BIOS but still nothing is displaying on the screen.

I detached the hard drive  and booted it up and still the black screen.

If there is a method i should try please let me know .

Like I said before the screen was working find . Until I had changed a setting in the 

the BIOS screen . 

​Thanks for your support if you can help or interested in helping me !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Do you get any indicator lights that the system is booting besides a black screen?

Are there any lights on the monitor?

Try shining a light to the screen what do you see?

Pressing the screen side buttons for menu does the online display come on?

Try resetting the bios once more. This time completely remove the power cord and press the power on button to clear any voltages left in the system, then clear the cmos/bios pulling the battery. Put the battery back in and reconnect the power and boot it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users