Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My bios made my monitor stop working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rubenst

rubenst

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hello all this is my first post so im not sure if its at the correct spot or not apologizing in advance i was having trouble with some of my games searched internet and stufff only made it worse ofcourse but then i looked at the bios at video settings and went from auto to something else now when i start up my pc the pc will start but my monitor will say its going to sleep mode it will stay black after that everything i tried failed please help would rlly appreciate it alot thanks for taking your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

rubenst,

A lot more information will be needed:

Machine Make & Model

Operating System (even though BIOS comes ahead of that, it can be useful)

BIOS version you had before and the one you attempted to upgrade to

Source for the BIOS file you used to upgrade

This will also belong on another forum, but having the above might help to decide which one.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users