Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual Machine error keeps appearing.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YuriTreychenko

YuriTreychenko

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

I won't beat around the bush here. I downloaded Deus Ex Human Revolution DC, and after beating it, I wanted to go in with a trainer and commit some wanton shenanigans. I'm a simple man like that.

However, the trainer, which worked before, has suddenly refused to work by giving me the "Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine." prompt.

Hyper V is already off and my Antivirus is disabled + Windows Defender. It should be working no problem. Sadly, no.

Can anyone here give me some ideas on how to shut off this Virtual machineGen Chat to Win 9x - Hamluis. or fix the problem in some way?

Edited by Al1000, 05 February 2017 - 01:26 PM.
Moved from Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

Here let me google that for you. :) Here

#3 YuriTreychenko

YuriTreychenko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

Here let me google that for you. :) Here

You think I didn't already try that? Don't need to be an ass about it.

Why else would I ask here?

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

Yuri,

While I can't help you with this, I can tell you that you'd be amazed at how many people post here without ever having done a single moment's research before doing so, so cut technonymous a break.  Quite a few threads end with a "Thanks!" after the posting of a LMGTFY link, which is sad, really.

A while back someone privately shared this post on another forum with me entitled, How To: Ask Questions The Smart Way, that should be required reading for anyone thinking of posting to a technical support forum (and that's not a snark at you, either, just a general observation).

Edited by britechguy, 04 January 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

I wasn't trying to be snide about it. Typing that into google yields 400,000 results. You have to dig deep on google to find the closest fix that matches your problem and try it. From what I gather A lot of games will refuse to work in a VM without doing some kind of registry hack or game hack in it's config game files. Some games may do this on purpose for whatever reason. I imagine it has to do with advertisements and PUPs they like to fill your computer with what I call crapware. On a VM all you have to do is reload to a clean VM image and all the malware baddies go away. That's the beauty of a VM it gives you that power. The developers know this and many apps games etc do everything they can to try and stop you from using a VM.

#6 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

How To: Ask Questions The Smart Way

:hysterical:  Love it!!!!

pa9d6f-4.png

#7 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

SOMEBODY HELP ME NOW!!!!

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

How To: Ask Questions The Smart Way

:hysterical:  Love it!!!!

As did I.  I'm really about to lose all patience for those who post rants as though they're requests for assistance or those who will fight with you because you propose that they do something they already have, but never mentioned, or don't like what you're asking them to do.

There have been a couple of threads lately that are examples of how to decline to follow an instruction, directly but politely, and others that are the precise opposite.  I cut a lot of slack for panicked newbies, as I can recall very well what that feels like.  I don't have much sympathy for those who post what clearly amounts to premeditated actions that, with a few minutes reflection about what they do or don't know, they should have asked about before taking them and then getting nasty when you have to get into ugly nuts and bolts to undo the damage.

Most problems precisely defined are already partially solved.
         ~ Harry Lorayne, Memory Makes Money

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#9 YuriTreychenko

YuriTreychenko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

TO be honest, after combing through results for hours, I still haven't found anything. When it comes to Windows 10 issues at all, I don't often find much (and I comb HARD). I just can't find any other virtual machine that might be active. I even removed Bitdefender to see if that helped. Nothing.

If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

#10 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

Is this a genuine legal install of the game or a pirate copy?

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

First off, people post asking for help.

If you don't have the patience to help them, then please just don't reply to them.

But also accept that sometimes those replying have had a bad day - so don't judge them based on just one post either.

FYI - when I originally signed up at Bleeping Computer I wanted the (accurate) name "Mr. Cranky Pants" - but it was already taken :(

That being said. let's try this:

- make the error happen a couple of times.

- then generate this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Edited by usasma, 05 January 2016 - 10:03 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

I am just playing the devils advocate here. All that I am going to say is you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

Sorry I know that is way off topic...

pa9d6f-4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users