Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run Adobe Flash Player in Firefox

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 polymathg

polymathg

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Hey everyone,

I am having trouble running Adobe Flash Player with Firefox. I can download, but when I double-click the item to run it I get no response. I keep getting stuck on step 2 of 3.

I'm having the same trouble with IE. Chrome already comes with Flash Player in it, so it won't let me manually download it either.

Solutions anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Did you download the standalone installer here? You want the installer for plugin based browsers

#3 polymathg

polymathg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

Did you download the standalone installer here? You want the installer for plugin based browsers

From this link. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ And I can download but when I click to run it I get nothing, like it's dormant.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Download the flash player from the link I provided. It will be about 18MB. It will be an exe file.

Edited by JohnC_21, 03 January 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#5 polymathg

polymathg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:00 AM

Download the flash player from the link I provided. It will be about 18MB. It will be an exe file.

I believe your link just leads to the one the I've already been using.

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:14 AM

Try this.

#7 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

I'd recommend the use of the Flash Uninstaller, followed by this offline installer for Firefox.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Edited by Phantom010, 06 January 2016 - 10:54 AM.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#8 st7james

st7james

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

here is the official Microsoft explanation and fix.

Is the Flash Player's ADM installer not launching?

This may happen because of a certificate problem. The ADM installer uses the SHA256 certificate, which may not be compatible with a computer that is running Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2.

If this is your setup, head over to the Microsoft Support page to download an update for your operating system.

Use the link.

#9 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

Right click the exe file you downloaded and select "unblock" if you didn't already try it.

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot:

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

#10 santhoshk05

santhoshk05

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

The discussions were very much useful My sincere thanks for sharing this post

#11 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

This topic was started back in January 2016 and most suggestions and downloads links for offline installers like https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html are no longer relevant.

There was a temporary problem with the Adobe Flash Player installers back in June 2017 when Adobe Flash v26.0.0.126 was released [see the thread newest flash update won't complete install on Windows XP (or Vista) in the Adobe forum] but Adobe fixed that issue shortly after the bug was reported.

Download links for the full offline Adobe Flash installers (Firefox, IE, Opera, etc.) that are compatible with XP, Vista and Win 7 are now available at the bottom of the support article Installation Problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and Earlier - scroll down to the section titled Still Having Problems?.

On a related note, Adobe announced <here> in July 2017 that late 2020 will be the official end-of-life for Adobe Flash.  Microsoft posted a tentative schedule for the gradual phase out of Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer in their blog entry The End of an Era – Next Steps for Adobe Flash and Mozilla posted similar information for Firefox at Firefox Roadmap for Flash End-of-Life.

-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v53.2.0 * NS Premium v22.10.0.85 * MB Premium v3.2.2

Edited by lmacri, 14 September 2017 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users